Any longer than 15 minutes late to a date without a head's up doesn't make you look good. Those who live in big cities can get a pass because of traffic but if you're going to be like 30 minutes to an hour late, just reschedule and don't keep people waiting around for you.
1. SHOW UP LATE
2. STARE AT YOUR PHONEThis is just rude behavior anyways but on a first date with someone? Gurl, no. I get that our phones are basically just extensions of our hands. For real, I checked my phone five times between the start and end of this sentence just because it's that addicting but I'm not on a date. So that was totally okay. You though? On a date, the phone needs to be in silent mode, in your pocket, and never to be seen again until you guys get an Uber to his place. See, if you look at your phone the whole time that Uber will be a solo ride because ain't nobody got time to mess with someone who can't pay attention to them during dinner.
3. FLIRT WITH ANOTHERIf you have a problem keeping your eyes on one prize, you're not ready to be out on first dates. You're better off just hooking up and moving onto the next. We're talking either sloppy drunk or with your clothes looking like you just rolled in a hamper and walked out the door. First dates are like job interviews that can lead to amazing sex, so show up looking and acting like your best self.
We all know that people in the service industry aren't taking home the big bucks and that a lot of the time they rely on tips. Yes, once in a while you'll have a bad server but in the grand scheme of things they are trying and working their asses off. Which means they don't need someone being a total dick to them at work. So don't be that guy and serve up some unnecessary machismo when your waiter forgets your drink once. Assholes aren't hot, no matter what Hollywood says about bad boys.
4. BE A JERK TO YOUR SERVER
5. KEEP QUIETHave you ever been on a date where you sound like a cop in an interrogation room asking all the questions and getting the bare minimum? It's exhausting. Being nervous is normal but being mute is completely weird. You can't be all talk when it comes to texting and then shows up like you're taking a mime course. First dates are about learning about one another, not nodding and shaking your head for two hours.
6. TALK EXCLUSIVELY ABOUT YOUR EXOn the flip side, you don't want to constantly steer the conversation to uncomfortable topics right off the bat...like? Your ex. You'd be better off discussing politics than going on for 45 minutes about "the one who got away."
7. ALLUDE TO SEXWe're not against sex on the first date, but talking about it the whole time? That's a waste of a night out. If all you wanted was sex you could have saved everyone time and money and just met at their place for a quick fix. If someone asks you out, that means they want to get to know you AND more than likely fuck. You don't have to be that obvious about it.
8. GET TRASHEDHaving a great time isn't off the table but if you're falling off the table by the end of the night, you may leave your date with the wrong (or sadly) right impression of who you are. Plus, if this is the first date and the dude is a complete jerk, there's no telling if he'll even take care of you or leave you high and dry to find your own way home at the end of the night.
9. SHOW UP A MESS
We're talking either sloppy drunk or with your clothes looking like you just rolled in a hamper and walked out the door. First dates are like job interviews that can lead to amazing sex, so show up looking and acting like your best self.
10. TALK ON & ON ABOUT YOURSELF
You're amazing, we get it. But you know what people like to do? Talk about themselves so think of somethings to talk about with your date. Plan on some fun topics too - maybe they like musicals, what did they think of the latest Drag Race, or maybe you know their hobbies from their online profile so dig into those. You can share details about yourself - but no one likes the 30 minute story on the first date.
11. DON'T TREAT THE DATE LIKE A JOB INTERVIEW
Ever feel like you're being interviewed on a date? Where are you from? What do you do for work? What do you find enjoyable about that? Do you rent or own? There may be important questions for you, but a date isn't a job interview - you're getting to know a human being who you're attracted to on some level. Get to know them, but don't treat it like an interview!
The Bottom Line
Be yourself! Seriously - be yourself. If you're kind of nerdy - that's just cute. If you love sports - don't hold back, bruh. Seriously - the best thing you can do is just be you.
Not to douche is another one LMAO!!!!!