Hey squirrel friends! Whether it's a pretty little thing or a big tough brute, every queen deserves a happy ending. But sometimes relationships just need to sashay away. When it comes to breaking up, we've all been there before. It can be messy, emotional, and downright exhausting. But fear not, my gay brothers! I'm here to spill the tea on how to break up better. In this post, I'm sharing my top 7 steps to clean up that messy break up and get back to owning your fabulousness! So, let's get ready to shanté away from that ex and break up better!
- Take Responsibility for Your Emotions - it's important to acknowledge and take ownership of the feelings you're experiencing. Instead of blaming your ex, acknowledge that you're hurting and give yourself permission to feel those emotions.
- Give Yourself Time and Space - Breaking up can be tough, so give yourself the time and space you need to process your emotions. Resist the urge to jump right into a new relationship, and instead focus on healing yourself.
- Communicate Effectively - Whether you're the one initiating the break-up or not, communication is key. Be honest, clear, and respectful when sharing how you feel.
- Cut Ties if Necessary - Sometimes, a clean break is necessary for both parties to move on. If you find yourself constantly checking up on your ex via social media, take a break from those channels, and consider cutting contact for a period of time.
- Stay Focused on Your Own Growth and Development - Instead of ruminating on what could have been, focus on your own personal growth and development. Use this opportunity to explore new hobbies, passions, and relationships that bring you joy and happiness.
- Surround Yourself with Positive Influences - Surround yourself with people who uplift and support you during this challenging time. Seek out a supportive network of friends and family to lean on.
- Seek Professional Help - There's no shame in seeking professional help to help you work through your emotions during this time. Reach out to a therapist, counselor, or support group if you need extra support during the break-up process.
The Bottom Line
Condragulations, my fabulous friends! You have now learned how to breakup better and come out stronger and fiercer than ever before! Remember that breaking up is a part of life, it doesn't define you, nor does it mean that you're unlovable.
As you continue to sashay through life, keep in mind that self-love and self-care are essential. Surround yourself with love and acceptance, focus on cultivating positive emotions and stay true to yourself no matter what!
Now, it's time to take all these tips and tricks and apply them to your life. Go out there and live like the fierce and fabulous queen that you are! Remember, always stay true to yourself, and never forget to let that inner light shine bright, for everyone to see!